HLS in the World Event FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
For further inquiries that are not addressed here or in the HLS in the World Logistics, please email email@example.com or call (617) 998-1459.
Q: Where will registration and check-in be on campus?
A: Check-in will be located in Haas Lounge, WCC:
Thursday: 8:00am – 9:00pm
Friday: 7:00am – 6:00pm
Q: Will there be a coat check?
A: Coat check will be located on the 1st floor, WCC:
Thursday: 2:00 – 10:00pm
Friday: 7:00am – 10:00pm
Please note that items must be removed from the coat check area by 10:00pm each day.
Q: Will the Coop be open?
A: Yes–the Coop, located on the 1st floor, WCC, will be open throughout the summit.
Thursday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Q: Is there gym access during the summit?
A: Hemenway Gym, located at 1516 Massachusetts Avenue, is available Thursday and Friday.
Q: Can I connect to the internet while on campus?
A: Wireless access is available on campus. We have charging stations for devices in Haas Lounge, WCC.
Q: I can’t attend the summit. Will any of the sessions be available during or after the event?
A: Coverage of the majority of the sessions will be available shortly after the summit. In addition, live stream coverage will be available for eight sessions:
- Session One (9:00 – 10:30 am):
- Session Two (11:00 am – 12:30 pm):
- Session Three (2:00 – 3:30 pm):
- Session Four (4:00 – 5:30 pm):
Q: Where can I find medical assistance?
A: Medical assistance is available at the Harvard Law School Clinic and After Hours Urgent Care, located in the basement of Pound Hall.
- Harvard Law School Clinic
Thursday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Friday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
After Hours Urgent Care
Thursday: 5:30pm – 7:30am
Friday: 5:30pm – 7:30am
Q: Where are restrooms located on campus?
A: Restrooms are located on each floor of the WCC.
Additional restrooms are available in Pound Hall, Hauser Hall, Austin Hall, and Langdell Hall.
Q: Is there parking available?
A: Complimentary parking is available at the following locations (click here for an interactive map of the Harvard University parking garages):
- 10 Everett Street Garage, Cambridge, MA 02138 – Underground parking with direct access to HLS. Available October 26-28, 2017. No overnight parking permitted.
- 52 Oxford Street Garage, Cambridge, MA 02138 – Underground parking approximately one block walk from HLS. Available October 26 -28, 2017. No overnight parking permitted.
- Broadway Garage, 7 Felton Street (off Cambridge Street) Cambridge, MA 02138 – Covered parking with a 5 minute walk to Sanders Theatre and the Plaza Tent. Available only Thursday, October 26, 2017.
As the bicentennial is a major event in Cambridge, many of the streets may have parking restrictions. We suggest you park in one of the available lots rather than metered or street parking.
Q: Will any transportation services be provided?
A: Shuttle services will be provided at various times for transportation to/from HLS to the host hotels (The Charles Hotel, Freepoint, and Sheraton Commander).
- 1:30pm – Host hotels to HLS
- 2:00pm – Host hotels to HLS
- 6:30-8:30pm – HLS to host hotels every 30 minutes
- 7:30-9:00am – Host hotels to HLS every 30 minutes
- 7:00pm – HLS to host hotels
- 7:30pm – HLS to host hotels
Q: Will taxis be available?
A: Taxi services should pick up/drop off in Lewis Circle, 1545 Massachusetts Avenue. For accessibility needs, please contact Accessible Cambridge Taxi Program at 1-888-872-6721.
- Ambassador Taxi: 617-492-1100 or www.ambassadorbrattle.com
- Cambridge Taxi: 617-718-4000 or www.cambridgetaxi.com
- Cambridge Cab: 617-252-3333 or www.cambridgecab.com
- Independent Taxi: 617-268-1313 or www.itoataxi.com